Field Ranger, Swartberg Nature Reserve – Oudtshoorn
CapeNature seeks to employ a Field Ranger based at Swartberg Nature Reserve – Oudtshoorn with a salary of R 151 857-00 per annum (TCOE all inclusive) Level 4.
- Provide support and assistance to Conservation Manager in all activities related to Protected Area Management.
- Field surveys: baseline data collection and ecological monitoring, and assist with research projects.
- Perform law enforcement duties and provide support to Conservation Management Services and Environmental Crime Investigation Services.
- Provide assistance with Environmental Education (Youth Development), extension and interpretation.
- Perform supervisory, training and administrative duties.
- Survey, verification and mapping of Alien Vegetation.
- Maintenance of infrastructure and equipment.
- Perform reserve standby duties.
- Assist in fire management as well as suppression fires [wild and man-made].
- Project Management, quality control and overseeing of contractors.
- Assist as Environmental Control Officer.
- Assist with Tourism activities.
- Grade 12
- Obtain an appropriate field ranger qualification within two years after appointment
- A valid driver’s licence with 3 year’s driving experience
- Physical ability to perform field ranger duties.
- No criminal record
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Bilingualism, trilingualism will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to operate well in a team.
- Possession of a valid Peace Officer’s certificate
Enquiries: Mr K.Shadung – (Tel: 044 203-6314)
NB: No accommodation at the reserve.
To apply, send your complete CV with certified copies of your valid driver’s license and appropriate qualification to the HR Administrator, Private Bag X 6546, George, 6530 or fax 044 802 5313 or e-mail email@example.com on or before 22 June 2016.
NB: Please note that it is compulsory to become a member of the CapeNature Medical Aid and CapeNature Pension Fund. In the event that you are an existing member to a Medical Aid you are required to provide a copy of such membership before the commencement of your employment with CapeNature
- With this appointment, CapeNature is looking towards improving the corporate employment equity profile.
- CapeNature reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within 21 days after closing date must please assume that their applications were not successful.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.