Marine Field Ranger, Goukamma Marine Protected Area
CapeNature seeks to employ a Marine Field Ranger based at Goukamma Marine Protected Area with a salary of R 151 857-00 per annum (TCOE all inclusive) Level 4.
- Provide assistance with day to day management of the Marine Protected Area including the Reserve and adjacent areas and report to the Conservation Manager.
- Data collection and capturing/reporting, monitoring, and assistance with research projects
- Conduct marine compliance operations including working with other Law Enforcement Agencies
- Conduct vessel, foot and vehicular patrols
- Perform supervisory, training and administrative duties
- Maintenance of infrastructure and equipment
- Assist in the combating of wildfires
- Provide assistance with Environmental Education (Youth Development), extension and interpretation
- Assist with community marine conservation activities
- Perform reserve standby duties
- Grade 12
- Must be able to swim
- Skippers licence for Inland Waters (minimum) or logbook of signed-off Crew operating hours on suitable marine vessels and a Pre Sea Safety Certificate
- Computer literacy MS Office with QGIS (or equivalent) advantageous
- A minimum of two years related marine experience
- An appropriate certified Field Ranger Certificate or/and obtain an appropriate field/marine ranger/WIOCOMPAS qualification within three years after appointment
- Physical ability to perform related duties
- Willingness to work irregular hours, continuous weekend shift and perform standby duties
- Proficiency in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- A valid driver’s licence and ability to drive on 4×4 terrain
- No criminal record
- Skippers ticket with associated Ocean Surf Launching and Night Rating endorsements
- Appointed as a Fishery Control Officer
- VHF Radiotelephone Operators Certificate
- Peace Officers Certificate
- Fire arm competency
Enquiries: Keith Spencer (044) 383 0042
Applications to: The Human Resources Manager, Private Bag X29, Gatesville, 7766 or fax 086 210 5242 or email email@example.com on or before 24 June 2016
Please note that it is compulsory to become a member of the CapeNature Medical Aid and CapeNature Pension fund. In the event that you are an existing member to a Medical Aid you are required to provide a copy of such membership before the commencement of your employment with CapeNature.
- Applicants from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within 21 days of the closing date, must please assume that their application was unsuccessful.
- CapeNature reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.