Occupational Health and Safety Officer, Head Office, Bridgetown
CapeNature seeks to appoint Occupational Health and Safety Officer, with a salary of R 274 554 per annum (TCoE) – Level 7, to assist the entity in creating a safe and healthy environment.
The Officer will be required to service the Central Region, which includes service locations in Stellenbosch, Paarl, Swellendam, Bredasdorp and Hermanus, amongst others.
Key Performance Areas:
• Facilitate organisational compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act and other applicable legislation and regulations
• Assist in the development of the OHS Management System and facilitate implementation and monitor and evaluate expected outcomes
• Facilitate the Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) process
• Facilitate OHS capacity building and training
• Attend quarterly OHS Regional and Worksite Committee meetings to identify key risks and assist Management to develop mitigation measures
• Facilitate incident management within the Region. This will include the recording, investigation and reporting of incidents and the development of remedial actions
• Undertake worksite audits to determine compliance with the OHS Management System
• Undertake and assist with periodic internal and/ or external investigations and inspections and implementation and monitoring of recommendations to resolve findings
• Assist in the development of OHS policies and procedures
• Grade 12
• Accredited HIRA training
• Safety Management Training Course Certificate (SAMTRAC)
• Knowledge of OHS techniques and administrative procedures
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the administration of occupational health and safety within the workplace
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
• Valid Code EB Driver’s Licence with the willingness to travel to reserves and areas in the Region
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Some conservation background would be an advantage
ENQUIRIES: Mr Ebrahiem Hardy (021) 483-0007
APPLICATIONS: To apply, please send your application, along with a motivational letter, CV, 3 contactable referees, certified copies of qualifications, Driver’s Licence and ID, to the Human Resources Officer, Private Bag X29, Gatesville, 7766 or 086 210 5242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24 June 2016.
Please note that it is compulsory to become a member of the CapeNature Medical Aid and CapeNature Pension fund. In the event that you are an existing member to a Medical Aid you are required to provide a copy of such membership before the commencement of your employment with CapeNature.
- Applicants from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within 21 days of the closing date, must please assume that their application was unsuccessful.
- CapeNature reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.